[sane-devel] Epson 3490

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Wed Aug 31 19:23:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

> That made scanimage recognize and use the scanner, but it is unable
> to scan the full page.  It only scans 75-80% of the width and
> height. Subsequent questions have gone unanswered and I've had
> limited time to look into the backend code myself so I think my
> solution is to return the scanner within the next few days and
> rather get one that is supported by SANE.

The guy who sent me the patch for the 3490 had the same problem when
using low resolutions for previews. He reported that the problem
disappeared after the lowest possible resolution was set to 200. The
version I checked into CVS should already use 200 dpi as lowest
possible values.

Can you please check a few things:
- What frontend are you using?
- Does "scanimage" as frontend scan the correct area? E.g. does
"scanimage -x 10 -y 10" scan an area of 10x10 cm? Please try with
different resolutions.
- What firmware file version are you using? The easiest way to find
out is running

strings firmware.bin | tail

on your firmware file.

Unfortunately I won't have much time to look into this in the next
weeks.

/Oliver