[sane-devel] HP 7450C, hpusbscsi, permissions in Fedora Core 3

Rene Rebe rene@exactcode.de
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 20:19:11 +0100

Hi,

Jens Westemeier wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I had the same problem with my SuSE 9.2 distribution. Recompiling the kernel
> without hpusbscsi might help. I left the kernel unchanged but entered the

Just removing the modules(s) from /lib/modules quickly solves the
problem without the need of a recompile ...

s.th. like:

find /lib/modules -name "hpusbscsi.*o" | xargs rm -v

(please test the output without the rm to verify it does not eat your
system)

> "hpusbscsi" driver into "/etc/hotplug/blacklist". Maybe there is something
> similar to that in Feodora.

Yes, s.th. like that should be there. At least AFAIRC it is in the
vainally hotplug and e.g. also used in our distribution:

   http://www.exactcode.de/t2

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
             http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.exactcode.de/t2