[sane-devel] black image

fredex fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:10:27 -0500

--qcHopEYAB45HaUaB

Hello!

First time using sane, am trying to get an old Microtek E3 working. Using
Ubuntu LInux (the preview edition of the "Hoary" release). Using a brand
new scsi cable, with an adaptec 2920C card. ubuntu sees the card fine,
and even recognizes the scanner (as can be seen in the boot-time msgs).

xsane also finds the scanner, and I can scan or do previews. the scanner
light is on, and the scanner carriage moves along exactly as it
should. Only problem is i get black scans. This is with xsane version
0.96. Can anyone offer a clue?

I've searched the mailing list and see a number of posts on black scans,
but AFAIK none of them applies to my configuration.

Thanks!
--=20
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us --------------------------=
---
  "For him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before h=
is=20
 glorious presence without fault and with great joy--to the only God our Sa=
vior
 be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, bef=
ore
                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."
---

--qcHopEYAB45HaUaB