[sane-devel] SuSE 10.0: scanner only works for root

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Apr 3 09:31:44 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Apr 1 18:17 Roger Price wrote (shortened):
> I have a Canon LiDE 20.  I upgraded to SuSE 10.0
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Scanner_Setup_from_SUSE_Linux_10.0
>
> For some reason I don't understand, YaST wasn't creating file
> /etc/resmgr.conf.d/50-scanner.conf

I cannot guess what exactly happened on your particular system
(I don't have a Canon LiDE 20 but for my LiDE 30 it works well).
If you like you can inspect /var/log/YaST2/y2log
where YaST writes tons of logging and debug messages.

> I created a file /etc/resmgr.conf.d/51-scanner.conf which contains:
>   # Allow access to Canon LiDE 20
>   add usb:vendor=0x04a9,product=0x220d scanner
> Once resmgrd was restarted the scanner was available to the users.

This is a perfectly right solution in this case.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de