[sane-devel] Epson 3590 Scanning issues

Wesley Nugent wesleyn at abcsinc.com
Wed Apr 26 19:45:34 UTC 2006

I've got an Epson 3590 that I have scanning, but it does not scan the
entire page.

I'm using Fedora core 4 and sane-backends 1.0.17.  I've also tried it
with 1.0.16 with the same results.

My command is: scanimage -d "snapscan:libusb:001:002" --format=tiff
--resolution 200 > /tmp/image.tiff

It says that it's using the max X and Y cooridinates, which comes out to
about 8.5x11, but I'm not getting that on the image.

The image is cutting off the lower 1 - 2 inches and about 3 inches on
the right side of the page.

I tried increasing the X and Y values, but they will not go beyond 216 x
297 (i believe it's 297.  It's something like that).

I'm needing to scan the entire 8.5 x 11 page and save it to a tiff file.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.