[sane-devel] Configuring SCSI-Scanner under SUSE 10.1

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Aug 9 11:01:09 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Aug 9 12:24 Daniel Spannbauer wrote (shortened):
> if Yast would do his Job I don't have to set it up Manually. :)

According to your log, you have many backends enabled in dll.conf
which is not what we have in our sane package so that it looks
as if you use a self-compiled version of sane-backends 1.0.18
and then you should not complain that YaST cannot do its job.

Furthermore it looks as if the SCSI stuff is disabled in your
epson.conf (only "usb" seems to be enabled) which is (as far
as I know) not the default so that it looks now even like
a self-corrupted installation and then again you should not
complain that YaST cannot not do its job.

If you really think you must use the newest sane-backends version
(even for your since-a-longer-time-supported-older-scanner), see
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2006-July/017221.html

;-)

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner