[sane-devel] epson scanner 4180 Photo

Keith Cheong keith.cheong at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 4 12:51:37 CET 2006

Dear sirs,
    hope you can help me! I'm new to Linux systems. So I'm very confused
as to how to set up and use my Epson Perfection 4180 Photo scanner. I've
tried downloading the driver from epson and have the
iscan-2.4.0-0.c2.tar.gz file on my desktop and followed the instructions
to install. But it falters after ./configure, so I can not 'make' or
'make install'. I'm using Ubuntu-Linux 6.10.
    If you can offer any assistance I would be extremely grateful.
    Yours sincerely Keith Cheong.