[sane-devel] Possible help with Canon FS2720U

Ulrich Deiters Ulrich.Deiters at uni-koeln.de
Wed Dec 13 09:14:05 CET 2006

Hi,

the FS2710S (S standing for SCSI) is supported, but I do not know
the state of the USB backend for the FS2720U.

But unless you have got a slide scanner with a magazine feeder,
you will need *months* two digitize your collection. Even if
you do not have to do complicated colour adjustments, I should
think that 2 hours per 50 slides is already quite a good speed.
You might want to consider taking your collection to a professional
scanning service.

Regards,

Ulrich Deiters

--
Institut f. Physikalische Chemie \ Luxemburger Str. 116, D-50939 Koeln