[sane-devel] unsupported scanner info

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Wed Dec 13 22:43:21 CET 2006

got my hands on a new kodak i1220, a duplex adf letter-sized scanner.
internal codename perhaps piranha?

scanner is a rather unusual tilting design, with some nicely cast
magnesium parts, and a usb HOST port and some sort of other expansion
port (power?) for connecting an external flatbed accessory? guts as
follows-

2x wm8216 wolfsonmicro CCD/CIS ADC's
1x cy7c68013a-128axc cypress Ez-usb FX2 usb/8051 microcontroller
1x usb2502 smsc usb2.0 hub controller
1x idt 71v3556 ZBT SRAM
1x idt 71v124 static ram
1x MT 48LC16M ram

and, the brains of the operation:

1x ep2c20f484c7n Altera Cyclone II FPGA. neat.

i have windows usb traces, looks odd to me, almost entirely control
endpoint work instead of bulk, but i did find a couple minor things like
the serial number being transferred.

i will try to find some time to put these up on the web...

allan