[sane-devel] Plustek ScanCopy 115 Driver needed.

Farid Joubbi djfarid at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:14:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am a owner of a Plustek ScanCopy 115. I really would like to use it in
Linux.

After some searching on the net, I found a SANE related Plustek page (
http://www.gjaeger.de/scanner/plustek.html ). Since my scanner model was not
listed in the supported models, I emailed Gerhard Jäger and asked for help.

This is the reply from him:
"first of all I never saw that Plustek device before.
Then from what I cn see in the driver, it's probably a
GenesysLogic based device - but I'm not sure.
So the experimental backend genesys might be your friend.
Guess you have to ask the guys on the sane-devel list,
as I haven't develop this backend...

Cheers,
Gerhard"

So now I am asking you for help.

Here is a link with a picture of the scanner, manual and Win32 drivers for
it: http://www.plustek.com/download/scancopy115.htm

lsusb gives this:
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 07b3:081c Plustek, Inc

Thankful for any help.

Regards,
Farid