[sane-devel] Scanjet 3400C and cygwin

Matthias Appel matthias.appel at gmx.net
Tue Jun 13 10:00:21 UTC 2006

>Possibly the niash backend is not specified in dll.conf(the configuration
>file for the dynamic backend loader). Do you see any references to niash
>when you do 'export SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255' and then run 'scanimage -L' again?

I just did that and i got the following error:

[dll] load: searching backend `nec' in `/usr/local/lib/sane'
[dll] load: trying to load `/usr/local/lib/sane/cygsane-niash-1.dll'
[dll] load: couldn't open `/usr/local/lib/sane/cygsane-niash-1.dll' (No such
file
or directory)
[dll] load: couldn't find backend `niash' (No such file or directory)

I checked the directory and I only found libsane-niash.a and
libsane-niash.la .

What can I do, to get these dll files or tell sane to use the libraries
which where built by sane.

Regards Matthias