[sane-devel] Epson 4490 in Debian

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Jun 14 06:59:07 UTC 2006

Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp> wrote:

Hi,

>> (It's painful enough with all those rebranded scanners, so if
>> manufacturers like Epson could stick to having only one model name...)
>
> Model names for EPSON devices vary by geographic region :-(

Ah, it's even worse than I thought, then :/

> I would quite call the communication horrible, but it probably leaves
> to be desired and things get "lost in translation".

Sorry, my Politically-Correct checker missed that one :>

> If something like that would materialise, I suggest we also drag in
> the CUPS and ghostscript packagers to get the EPSON AVASYS printer
> drivers on the right track as well.
> # Johannes Meixner has already contacted us, Till Kamppeter just did.

That'd be nice indeed. I don't know if the printer drivers are
packaged in Debian, but they certainly could be once they'll be free
:)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>