[sane-devel] ADF detection

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Thu Mar 23 15:08:14 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, [utf-8] René Rebe wrote:

>> i like 'ADF Front' instead of just 'ADF', i think it is more consistent.
>> but i do like your ordering better, so i think i shall do this:
>>
>> "Flatbed|ADF Front|ADF Back|ADF Duplex"
>
> Well, on non duplex devices "ADF Front" might be misleading
> and people search for the Back option? Somehow I like just ADF.

so duplex and non-duplex get different lists.

>> and if a fujitsu ever gets film, i would change 'Flatbed'.
>
> I'm right now thinkin where an sepearte transparency switch
> is not too bad, because I heared that there "might be" ADFs
> "some time soon" that are able to scan transparencies. Since
> the devices do not exist yet I do not know whether this mode
> will just work due placing the lamp where it always shines thru
> transparency or whether it has to be enabled. In the later case
> a seperate "enable transparency" switch might be better
> than the transparency source ...

right- and i dont see how transparency could work in duplex mode :) so you
have to do some manipulation of the source option based on the
transparency option, which puts you right back where we started.

>>> My best client will scream, but yes ,-)
>>
>> haha- you getting paid for this?
>
> Not for the "for the sake" changes like strings of modes, but for
> certain parts of the coding, yes - these days. When you look
> carefully on our homepage you will also see that due to our
> relationship from the Linux work, Avision contracted us to do
> the OS X TWAIN driver.
>
> (but so far the balance of that work is not that black). Linux work
> is more profitable than OS X stuff (so far for us).

cool. dont change anything just cause i want to. but i do think a little
more consistency between backends would be good...

allan