[sane-devel] What docs do I need to add support for a scanner (Plustek might help me...) ?

Farid Joubbi djfarid at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 14:33:49 UTC 2006

Hello everyone!

I own a Plustek ScanCopy 115:
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/plustek-scancopy-115.html
Would be really nice to get it working with SANE in Linux, but my
programming skills are quite minimal.

The thing is that I have been in contact with some prople working for
Plustek support. I got this e-mail from one person working there:
"Thanks for your email.
What kind of technical data do you need?  We can only provide the data for
implementing the Linux driver."

Also I got the information that the ScanCopy 115 is (most probably) the same
scanner as the OpticPro ST28.
I think that my ScanCopy is a rebadged OpticPro ST28, made to fit the Konica
Minolta Magicolor 2300W Printer.

As I am not very familiar with SANE, I have no idea of what to reply to this
person working for Plustek, but I don't want to loose this opportunity.

How helpful has Plustek been in the past? Is this something unusual that
they are willing to provide documents to SANE?

Are there anyone interested in helping me with a driver for these two
scanners?