[sane-devel] HP scanjet 3670 why there's no suport?

sombriks sombriks at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 05:52:13 UTC 2007

Hi guys this is my first mail.

well, i have this scanner and it's still not supported (there have mail
in mai archive about genesys backend from 3 years ago!), so i'm into an
intersitng
situation.

My first question is why this backend does not support my scanner. And
my second question is what can i do to help the developement of the
backend (since for instance i can start as tester i also can learn a bit
of C and the SANE patterns of backends and under a more experienced
programmer do something.

Actually i'm a java programmer, but i have some time (sunday's midnigth,
:D) and really want to scan my old photos without buy a new scanner.

Oh, about the thread
(http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2003-November/009360.html),
how can i help these guys? is there some code available for now?

BTW: thanks guys for a project like it: i had used (for example) an
LiDE20 and it worked really perfect.