[sane-devel] Frustrated with making saned work

Mac Cody maccody at tx.rr.com
Sun Apr 22 04:01:06 UTC 2007

Thanks for the response! Your basic questions hit right on the
mark.

m. allan noah wrote:

> random thoughts from someone who does not use saned much...
>
> 1. does it work with an unmodified version of the backend?

Yes.  I decided to revert back to the original umax1220u
backend code.  I renamed umax1220u.c to psc_umax2100u.c and
umax1220u-common.c to psc_umax2100u-common.c.  I then changed
the appropriate #include statement in umax1220u.c to source
psc_umax2100u-common.c into psc_umax2100u.c. I also changed
#define BACKEND_NAME from umax1220u to psc_umax2100u
#define UMAX_CONFIG_FILE from "umax1220u.conf" to
"psc_umax2100u.conf".  After the compile and install, I get the
same authentication problem as before.  This is very strange and
I don't understand how such trivial changes can cause this
problem.  I may have to contact the author of the umax1220u
backend code to gain some insight if I can't figure this out.

> 2. does it work with scanimage instead of xsane over saned?

Question 2 is now moot.

Mac