[sane-devel] network attached hp officejet 7310

Allan Gottlieb gottlieb at nyu.edu
Mon Jun 4 16:05:10 UTC 2007

I have an officejet 7310 on our lan at address 192.168.1.50.  It
prints fine with cups and the gentoo wiki asserts that it should work
with [x]sane.  However, it is not found by xsane or sane-find-scanner.

I believe (hope?) that it is simply that I do not know how to specify
the device.  The the net backend doc I read mentions
host:device, but in this case the host is the device.

I tried adding

   192.168.1.50
and
   192.168.1.50:

to the end of  /etc/sane.d/net.conf  without success.

I am running gentoo with an up to date x86 stable system.
I have a dell 6400 laptop.
/etc/init.d/hplip is started in the default runlevel.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
allan