[sane-devel] network attached hp officejet 7310

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Jun 5 10:21:00 UTC 2007

Hello,

On Jun 4 12:05 Allan Gottlieb wrote (shortened):
> I have an officejet 7310 on our lan at address 192.168.1.50.

The hpaio driver is not part of the SANE software but a so called
"external backend", which comes directly from HP, see
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/

For example see
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/troubleshooting/network.html

By the way:
The "net" backend is only to be used in conjunction with "saned",
e.g. see "man saned" and "man sane-net" or have a look at
http://www.sane-project.org/docs.html

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex