[sane-devel] Intend to write driver(s)

drfiemost at email.it drfiemost at email.it
Mon Jun 18 15:31:00 UTC 2007

> Hello,
>
> I have the following two scanners.
>
> * Compeye Simplex 1236C,
>   Interface: Parport USB.
>   USB id: 0x05cb/0x1483
> * Primax Colorado USB 19200,
>   Interface: USB,
>   USB id: 0x0461/0x0360
>
> The first one is mentioned on the sane website as unsupported, the
> second one is not mentioned at all. The output of sane-find-scanner -v
> -v with the second scanner connected is show below. My question is,
> which scanner would be most easy to write a driver for (I would guess
> the first one)? I would then try to write a driver for that one first.
>
> BTW: I have never before written a driver, however I can write in C
> and I have read the SANE standard.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

Hi Robert,

I have an LG Electronics Scanworks 600U which is based on the same chipset
of your Primax Colorado USB 19200 (as reported at
http://viceo.orcon.net.nz/), so if you intend to develop a driver for that
scanner I'd like to help.
I have some knowledge of C/C++ but no experience with SANE developing.
If you're interested I'll start reading SANE documentation :)

Best regards,
Leandro

 Sponsor:
 Non perderti nella giungla di facili promesse, Logos ti da credito sempre!

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6559&d=20070618