[sane-devel] sending scanned to a remote SANE server

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 01:24:04 CET 2007

On 3/14/07, Tom Miller <tom at hostwebase.com> wrote:
> Allan,
>

> >let me get this right- you want to connect the scanner to a
> local
> >machine, and run your scanning program on that machine, but
> you want
> >the output image file to be accessible on a second machine?
>

> YES,  able to decide where to place the scanned images
> on the second machine.  The second machine is on the
> Internet.   Is
>

> >you need
> >the first machine to write the images onto a shared
> filesystem like
> >nfs or smb, and have the second machine mount that fs.
>

> nfs, smb, ftp, scp will not be a choice for the tranport
> method.  I would like to upload the scanned images via
> http and https protocol to the second machine.
>

> I though there are some network scanning option via scanimage

there is the ability to attach the scanner to a server machine, and
pull scans from it on a remote workstation. there is no built-in
ability to scan on a workstation, and push the image to a remote
system.

the remote system would have to run a listening daemon, which would do
what with the incoming scan, since there is no user there requesting
it?

allan