[sane-devel] sane-backends 1.0.19 Feature Freeze

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Mon Jan 7 17:18:16 UTC 2008

On Monday 07 January 2008 17:46:58 Julien BLACHE wrote:
> René Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Please do not just revert, the Avision backend got tons of new feature
> > and recent device support in the meantime and those HP scanners
> > are old age USB 1 devices anyway.
>
> Doesn't mean people don't use & need them anymore :(

Yes, sure. And I'm a big fan of using old hardware for serveral reasons.
That's why I have thel still in the shelf for tsting. But thing is it just
works here. And I know at least the newer HP53xx have a newer
ASIC variant I have not for testing.

I only meant not to rush a revert for very few affected scanners when
the new code adds support for lots of new devices and features.

Btw. we should release the sane-backends way more often. So that
even if there are minor regressions or some single new device IDs
a new release can be done on a monthly basis.

> > Would help a lot of they could bisect from my fine-grained SVN or read
> > the code and provide a patch.
>
> I'll see if the submitters can do that.

Yes please. Comparision with my SVN tree would help, likewise.

Yours,

  Geschäftsführer: Susanne Klaus, René Rebe
  Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 105 123 B
  USt-IdNr.: DE251602478