[sane-devel] sane-devel Digest, Vol 31, Issue 29

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Wed Jan 16 19:16:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:30:41 +0100
"Fran Alvarez" <skitarna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, ok, It seemed to me that I was being crystal clear at my explanations,
> and I'm surprised that a community of OS developpers is so afraid about
> giving "high level details" about the topic, but I understand that perhaps
> someone (commercially devoted) deceived you in the past and you want to know
> more about your recently joined askers.
> BTW, I refer to everyone that answered me for now (thanks for that!) and
> seemed to be in phase at their answers, but not to any of you in particular.
> I repeat, I thank you all, not my aim to bore you, only to explain my
> surprise about the main sense of the answer: tell us more (what in the other
> hand I totally understand: two hands never shake completely together if one
> of them keeps half-opened; anyway, I thank you for asking).

 well.. on my side, I was just kidding :)

 I believe that any scanner could work, if you can fake any sensor
 it might have to detect a stuck head.

 Most scanner are high level, like "scan the page", while some
 others are low level, like "move head, acquire line" . i guess
 you'll have to check each driver.