[sane-devel] Sane Release 1.1.0 ?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Oct 29 18:59:09 UTC 2008

Nicolas Martin <nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr> wrote:

Hi,

> I would agree if ... we had a particular goal or specification to
> reach, but not sure Sane is developed in this spirit.
> Sane is in a perpetual evolution process, and is IMHO ... never
> ?ready, with 0 bugs?.

Then s/bugs/regressions/ at the very least. There are regressions in
the avision backend in 1.0.19 that still haven't been fixed, for
instance.

I don't even know if the backend is still being developed or if
anything is being done or has been done, as Rene does not use the SANE
CVS for his development and his SVN repository has been unavailable
for the past few months.

So before releasing anything, there are little things like that to fix
in the release & development process.

Also calling the current CVS SANE 2.0 is really a bad joke given
there's only very little changes compared to SANE 1.0. I don't think
it's warranted and I don't think it's a good thing.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169