[sane-devel] Xerox Documate 510 Backend

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 12:14:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Rene Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:
> No it isn't.
> On 08.04.2009, at 04:14, m. allan noah wrote:
>
>> judging by the shell, I'd say thats really an Avision machine, very
>> similar to fujitsu 4010CU. The avision backend is in need of a
>> maintainer...

Ah- I am sorry, I made an assumption.

CVS is not perfect, hence the pending switch to git. But, CVS is not
the cause of the backend problems. The cause is your insistence on
using an external scm, and dumping huge patches into sane, which no
one can debug. If you had used sane cvs all along, we would have had
small, working commits, and we could have tracked down the problem
sooner.

Brian- I am sorry your query opened such a can of worms, this sort of
thing is rather irregular. Perhaps Rene can answer your questions, now
that he is here.

allan