[sane-devel] sane-devel Digest, Vol 50, Issue 8

JayV warmer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:38:31 UTC 2009

H Andreas,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you but I just moved and only now got my
computers all set up again.  You're ahead of me on this project already, and
I thank you for the work you've done.  I'm available to help out but I'm
going to go over all you've done and see what I can contribute, but I'm
definitely interested in sharing the work.

Thanks,

JV

Wed Jul 22 00:05:53 UTC 2009, JayV wrote:

> I just joined this group after finding out that Canon (still) does not
> have a linux driver for my 4400F flatbed scanner.  It works
> fine under Windows XP in vmware but I want to write a
> driver for linux.

Have you made any headway on this project and would you be interested in
a collaboration?

I'm basically in the same boat; Canoscan 4400F owner, driver needed,
just joined the mailing list.

I am at the point where I have opened up my scanner to read the markings
on the ICs, set up a VirtualBox VM running Windows and written a few
tools to parse the traffic. The next step is to see how the windows
driver uses the scanner.