[sane-devel] Questions and suggestions

Mattias Kregert mattias at kregert.se
Fri Jan 23 10:52:26 UTC 2009

Julien BLACHE wrote:
> "Mattias Kregert" <mattias at kregert.se> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> My completely novice assumption is that saned scans one page, sends it
>> to the net backend, scans next page, sends next page, and so on. If
>
> Wrong. The pause and backtracking are a scanner to host issue.

Ok, but this delay only happen when i use saned. A "scanadf" directly on the
scanner host scans without any pauses, which is why i guessed that it was
caused by saned/net. You mention "backtracking", but the scanner is not
pulling the paper back or anything, it just scans and fully ejects a page
and then sits there doing nothing for about 0.35 sec. Then next page, pause
0.35s, next page, pause...

If the problem is on the host only, then it must be something between saned
and the fujitsu backend??
Where should i start looking? I have no idea how to find the bottleneck...

/Mattias