[sane-devel] SIGSEGV on Fedora10 with Kodak i1220

Robert Bui vncoder at msn.com
Sat Jun 6 13:18:43 UTC 2009

Hello all,
   I scan using xsane interface without any problem with Kodak i11220 on Linux Fedora 10. So, I know the Kodak driver for Linux is working.
   I am trying to write my own front-end but I keep on getting SIGSEGV always after sane function calls after sane_init.
   I have this sequence of calls base:

SANE_String_Const scanDeviceName;
SANE_Int saneVersionCode;
SANE_Handle scanDeviceHandle;

scanDeviceName = "kds:i1210/i1220";

scanDeviceStatus = sane_init(&saneVersionCode, NULL );
scanDeviceStatus = sane_open(scanDeviceName, &scanDeviceHandle);
sane_close(scanDeviceHandle);
sane_exit();

   I just want to make sure I can connect to the scanner with the above code.

   The first time I call it is fine (ie no error messages and all status returned as SANE_STATUS_GOOD) but the same time I call it, I get SIGSEGV at sane_open. If I put sane_get_devices straight after sane_init then I get the SIGSEGV at sane_get_devices. I get INVALID ARGUMENT (ie SANE_STATUS_INVAL).
   So it looks like either my sane_init or sane_exit not correct, and not the sane_open or sane_close. Is my assumption correct?
   Has anyone encountered this issue or know the problem. Your assistance is really appreciated.
   Thanks.

Regards,

Robert Bui