[sane-devel] informing the user they need to turn on the power?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 12:19:02 UTC 2009

two options:

1. make it look like any other powered-off scanner, and dont expose
the it to the user. scanimage -L wont show it, and the user will
think- oh, need to push the power button. (it will still show in
sane-find-scanner, however, most users dont run that)

2. see if the windows driver has the ability to turn on the scanner
from software, and repeat that code if possible.

allan