[sane-devel] Detect scan button on ScanSnap S1500 (sane-fujitsu backend)

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 23:16:40 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Mikael Nordenberg <mikael at ikanos.se> wrote:
> Is this model not supported when detecting buttons, or am I doing something
> completely wrong?

Fortunately, it's the latter. Scanimage is not smart enough to monitor
the buttons exposed by the driver and perform an action when they are
pressed. Instead, you need a daemon which does this. There are a
couple of them in our old 'experimental' cvs tree, but they are not
widely used. One of these days someone will come forward with enough
time to make one of these a more permanent addition to the
sane-backends package.

allan