[sane-devel] Test.conf devices not working for ADF

Wolfgang Ihloff wolfgang at ihloff.de
Thu Jan 26 02:10:47 UTC 2012

That is confirmed, doing scanimage -b gives nearly endless amount of output test files.

I am on Macosx Lion with latest ellert Sane apps and driver

However the settings I put in test.conf seem not to stick, when I see the scanner selection come up, I still see grey and not the color setting I specified in the test.conf

Also the test image does not change to color after changing in test.conf to color image.

In Apple Image Capture I see the test device not show up.
However using scanimage -d test:0 > test.pnm shows me the settings are ok, it seems just the frontent when I interface with morena sane/twain does not stick.

This is in accord on what I see here:
Wolfgangs-MacBook-Pro:~ wolfgang$ SANE_DEBUG_TEST=255 scanimage > test.pnm
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of test to 255.
[test] sane_init: SANE test backend version 1.0.28 from sane-backends 1.0.23git
[test] sane_init: reading config file `test.conf'
[test] sane_init: config file line   1: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line   2: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line   3: ignoring empty line
[test] sane_init: config file line   4: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line   5: `number_of_devices 1'
[test] read_option: set option `number_of_devices' to 1
[test] sane_init: config file line   6: ignoring empty line
[test] sane_init: config file line   7: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line   8: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line   9: ignoring empty line
[test] sane_init: config file line  10: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line  11: `mode Gray'
[test] read_option: set option `mode' to `Gray'
[test] sane_init: config file line  12: ignoring empty line
[test] sane_init: config file line  13: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line  14: `depth 8'
[test] read_option: set option `depth' to 8
[test] sane_init: config file line  15: ignoring empty line
[test] sane_init: config file line  16: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line  17: `hand-scanner false'
[test] read_option: set option `hand-scanner' to false
[test] sane_init: config file line  18: ignoring empty line
[test] sane_init: config file line  19: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line  20: `three-pass false'
[test] read_option: set option `three-pass' to false
[test] sane_init: config file line  21: ignoring empty line
[test] sane_init: config file line  22: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line  23: `three-pass-order RGB'
[test] read_option: set option `three-pass-order' to `RGB'
[test] sane_init: config file line  24: ignoring empty line
[test] sane_init: config file line  25: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line  26: `resolution_min 1.0'
[test] read_option: set option `resolution_min' to 1
[test] sane_init: config file line  27: `resolution_max 1200.0'
[test] read_option: set option `resolution_max' to 1200
[test] sane_init: config file line  28: `resolution_quant 1.0'
[test] read_option: set option `resolution_quant' to 1
[test] sane_init: config file line  29: `resolution 50.0'
[test] read_option: set option `resolution' to 50
[test] sane_init: config file line  30: ignoring empty line
[test] sane_init: config file line  31: ignoring comment line
[test] sane_init: config file line  32: `test-picture "Color pattern"'
[test] read_option: set option `test-picture' to `Color pattern'
[test] sane_init: config file line  33: `source "Automatic Document Feeder"'
[test] sane-init: I don't know how to handle option `source'

So my questions to sum it up:
* how do I see in the test.conf the adf to stick?
* how do I make my frontend do what it set the frontent to or rely on my test.conf, see screenshot for test image

Thanks,
Wolfgang