[sane-devel] Xsane is not working now

Shunsuke Akagi shoon at att.net
Tue Mar 13 20:07:29 UTC 2012

Hi, Great developers of Xsane,

Xsane worked great right after installation and I thought it's great.
However after uninstall several fax related appllications and Skanlite
because they did not work, Xsane does not work any more. I reinstalled
Skanlite and now Skanlite is working somehow.

What howppens is that when I click preview or scan, it won't do
anything. Silence! Now once I opened Simple Scan and ran Xsane, Xsane
tells me it cannot find Canon MP250. So it knows what my scanner is doing.

I tried to check /usr/etc/sane.d/dll.conf but /usr/etc/ is empty so now
I do not know what I am supposed to do. Help me please.

Shoon