[sane-devel] scanbd problem with dbus permission ?

stout stout at meoz.fr
Wed Feb 27 08:58:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

> A few notes:
> scanbd_dbus shall be copied into /etc/dbus-1/system.d, that is what you
> referred to I guess?

Yes it is.

> What do you use to start scanbd? Systemd? Scanbd apparently does not see
> the scanner. What is set for SANE_CONFIG_DIR? Do you have a dll.conf in
> that dir with the appropriate backend for your scanner listed? Does it
> have the config file for the backend (if needed) in that dir?

Yes, I use systemd to start scanbd.
No, the SANE_CONFIG_DIR wasn't set.
I just try to set it manually (with "export" command), pointing to the
scanbd folder, where a dll.conf is, but it did not change anything :
if I launch directly scanbd, "Iteration on dbus call" , if I do a
scanimage before launching it, everything works just fine...

Thank you for your attention,

Best regards,

stout