[sane-devel] Pulstek OpticBook 3800 - problems with openning device on 1.0.23+

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sun May 12 19:07:08 UTC 2013

On 12/05/2013 10:54, Nikolay Shaplov wrote:
>>       since the ASIC used is a GL845, you should not try forcing it to
>>
>> GL847. They are really different, and nothing will ever work. If you
>> look at the GL845 datasheet, you'll see it is really close to the GL846.
>> So close in fact that the same code should be able to run both.
>>
> 1. I've build git version with setting GL846 chipset to 3600 clone in the
> model description. It gives the same result as I wrote before
>
> 2. In 1.0.22 GL847 worked for me well. It stopped working in 1.0.23. So I
> think this is not an chipset issue. (if at least there were no great changes
> in genesys_gl847.c)

     What do you mean by worked well? Since chip a GL845, it won't work
with GL847 code.

>>       Since I added preliminary support for GL846 a couple of months ago,
>>
>> you'd rather declare your scanner as a GL846 one like the
>> canon_formula101_model.
> I've tried... scanimage -L does not list scanner at all in this case O_o
>
> Very strange for me... :-(((

     In order to test a newly compiled version, you can run it with the
attached script (edit it to adapt it for the exact location of sane
sources on your PC).
The debugging output (preview.pnm and preview.log) will help the
development and fixes of the backend part for GL846.

Regards,
     Stef