[sane-devel] Fujitsu fi-65F scanner

eyt at gmx.net eyt at gmx.net
Mon Feb 17 00:34:00 UTC 2014

Hello
I've bought a Fujitsu fi-65F scanner. I've copied the firmware
from the driver CD-ROM to /usr/local/share/sane/epjitsu and added
the values to /etc/sane.d/epjitsu.conf.
The scanner is recognised, but scanimage returns an error:
    sane_start: Out of memory
Is there a chance to get this scanner working?
Regards,
eyt
---
dmesg:
ugen0 at uhub2 port 5 "Fujitsu product 0x11bd" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 5
$ tail -3 /etc/sane.d/epjitsu.conf
# Fujitsu fi-65F
firmware /usr/local/share/sane/epjitsu/65f_0000.nal
usb 0x04c5 0x11bd
$ sane-find-scanner
  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.
  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04c5, product=0x11bd) at libusb:000:005
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by
  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.
  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
  # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
  # necessary.
$ scanimage -L
Failed cupsGetDevices
device `epjitsu:libusb:000:005' is a FUJITSU fi-65F  0A01 scanner
$ scanimage -v >image.pnm
scanimage: sane_start: Out of memory
$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.23; backend version 1.0.23
$ uname -mrsv
OpenBSD 5.3 GENERIC.MP#62 amd64