[sane-devel] more patches for epjitsu

Peter Marschall peter at adpm.de
Sun May 25 16:17:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sunday, 25. May 2014 11:19:57 Peter D'Hoye wrote:
> I was eager to try this as I also have an S1300i and had to stop
> looking into its support after some initial investigation due to lack
> of time.
>
> So I cloned your git, build and installed, copied
> /etc/sane.d/epjitsu.conf and
> /usr/local/share/sane/epjitsu/1300i_0D12.nal
>
> scanimage -L sees to scanner fine, trying to scan cause a short feed
> and then hangs.
>
> Anything I overlooked?

Here's what I do:
a) have the appropriate entry in /etc/sane.d/epjitsu.conf
	# Fujitsu S1300i
	firmware /etc/sane.d/Firmware/Fujitsu_S1300i/1300i_0D12.nal
	usb 0x04c5 0x128d
b) scan with 600dpi
c) scan only front or back (i.e. no duplex)

Another unsolved issue (at least for me) is that after each invocation of
scanimage, scanadf, ... I need to reset the scanner.
Without it it just reports the infamous "Error during device I/O".
I do not have an idea why?
Ideas welcome.

Best
PEter