[sane-devel] plustek backend failing to open device under non-root

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 04:43:43 UTC 2015

On 09/12/2015 07:02 AM, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Yury Tarasievich writes:
>
>> [snip]
>> The point is the software actually somehow fails
>> to open a lock file in /var/lock/sane, which
>> must involve some subtlety in my system. Like,
>> why does the device node get its group owner set
>> to 'lp'?
>
> Re the `lp` group assignment, this may be caused by an ordering issue in
> Hope this helps,

Well, thank you anyway. The hint is valid, of
course. Somehow something isn't working as
expected on my system. Might be interesting to
track down, which, of course, isn't doing any
scanning for me. :)

To keep the communication more useful,
topic-wise: is plustek backend (20150807) really
supposed to scan full A4 in B/W 600 dpi on Canon
LIDE 25 for like one minute or more? Scanning in
600 dpi B/W used to go much faster, as far as I
can recall, not on this hardware, though.

-Yury