[sane-devel] Preparing for a sane-backends release

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sat Sep 12 14:34:20 UTC 2015

Hi Olaf,
> *****
> Me wonders too.  I haven't seen one this century.  I even wonder if SCSI
> scanners still need to be supported.
> *****
happily using my HP6300C through the SCSI bus with sane ... I do not know how
many people like me are "out in the wild", but I am glad to have sane support
this - one can buy such devices for close to nothing and they simply do what
they were built to do, maybe slow, but who cares .... ;-)

So, if it was me to decide (it is not, I know :-)) I wouldn't drop SCSI
support if it is not causing harm ...
Take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)