[sane-devel] Xsane (canon MG6450)

lovrolu lovrolu at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 19 19:45:45 UTC 2015

I have already installed SANE (through my distribution's package
manager) and confirmed that it works with my scanner. I'm on Fedora 22
running GNU/Linux, kernel release 4.1.6-201.fc22.x86_64.

Running `scanimage -V` from the shell returns

    scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.24; backend version 1.0.24

I'm not sure but I think the git version of SANE is 1.0.25. Since 1.0.24
works just fine (from the tests I've done -- the reason I would like to
help out is to confirm that it *fully* works as expected on 1.0.24) I'm
not sure if upgrading to 1.0.25 is worthwhile, at least currently.

I have also installed the official driver from Canon. Scans produced
using Canon's driver are a bit brighter but this is probably just to
different default settings. Since it was just a quick test I didn't
bother too much customizing the brightness level but I might do that if
required.

Anyway, I wanted to know if there's a test suite that SANE offers that I
could run or some kind of a procedure I could go through to verify that
SANE *fully* works as expected with my scanner (and with this particular
version of SANE I have)?

If you think I should use the latest version of SANE I can probably do
that but most likely not right away. However, I would like to try out
1.0.24 first, if possible.

Have a nice day,
Lovro