[sane-devel] Proposed Upgrade (pu) branches on GitLab

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Wed Sep 23 01:57:53 UTC 2015

m. allan noah writes:

> On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Olaf Meeuwissen
> <paddy-hack at member.fsf.org> wrote:
>> Hi Allan,
>>
>> m. allan noah writes:
>>
>>> I have just pushed all these changes, and a few more to git repo. I
>>> have a few more minor bug fixes assigned to me that will go up in a
>>> few hours.
>>
>> Many thanks!  I've checked all my branches against 87bfd53, removed all
>> branches that are in from my GitLab clone and closed any related bug
>> reports.  Hope I didn't miss any.
>>
>> Talking about missing things, it seems you forgot about the Hungarian
>> translations.  There's a pu/add-hu.po-313073 branch on my GitLab clone
>> that has not been merged yet.  Any reason this didn't get in?
>
> Hmm- i missed that one. It is pushed now.

Thanks.  Closed the ticket and removed my pu/ branch.

>> Sorry about dropping the ball on the musl inb() outb() branch.  I had
>> meant to commit configure.in but seem to have committed configure :-(
>
> Do you have a version which uses AC_* macros instead of what I did? I
> think that would be cleaner.

I just applied the patch that Luiz mentioned on the mailing list[1].
Looking at that patch again I guess it'd be better to replace your stuff
with what's in the patch.  I've put up a pu/fixup-inb-outb-changes
branch to do just that[2].

 [1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/luizluca/openwrt-packages/e11fbf71f7f437c64d18929e7895dbaafa8c3293/utils/sane-backends/patches/020-inb_outb.patch
 [2] https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/branches

>> After I pushed (what became) 9dd31f9 I had second thoughts when I
>> recalled that there was something special with lists constraints.
>> Cross-checking with the spec, it turns out my changeset is okay.
>
> Yes- I stared at that code for quite awhile. I think the new code is
> more clear, so even if it did not fix the problem, it is still a
> reasonable change.

It's not just more clear, it's the Right Thing to do for string type
constraint lists.  However, for a word type constraint list it would be
the wrong thing to do.

After I fixed the original code, I started to wonder why it was written
like that in the first place.  Then I remembered the Pascal string like
behaviour, where the first element contains the array size, for word
type constraint lists.

Hope this helps,
Support Free Software               Support the Free Software Foundation
https://my.fsf.org/donate                        https://my.fsf.org/join