[sane-devel] Xsane (canon MG6450)

lovrolu lovrolu at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 23 15:59:18 UTC 2015

Hello Rolf,

> Your scanner wasn't fully supported by the backend version 1.0.24.
> 1200dpi scans don't work.
Aha, this is what I wanted to know. Does it work in 1.0.25? If not, any
plans for when the support will be added?

> Everthing else should work with scans up to 600 dpi. Please test all
> options with your favourite frontend. I prefer xsane.
I will do that and report back if I find anything unusual. I have
tinkered with the settings a bit and it all seems be working fine.

> If you might get problems with 1.0.24, you won't get around to
> install Sane 1.0.25 from git.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "you won't get around to install".
Was it a typo or did I misunderstand?

> The brightness of the scan result depends on the scan settings.
> Please try the sliders in xsane and watch the results in the preview
>  window.
Yup, I've just done this the other day and everything appears to work!

Lovro