[sane-devel] sane for epson xp-630

Edwin Ancaer eancaer at gmail.com
Sat May 5 08:35:05 BST 2018

Hello,

I contact this list to ask if someone can help with the  installation of
Sane for the Epson XP-630 on FreeBSD 11.1, for access over the network.

 I installed the  following packages :
    sane-backends-1.0.27_1
    xsane-0999_6

I use the backend epson2, in which I added the network address of the
XP-630 with the net option. The command scanimage -L recognizes the scanner
as Epson PID 110C flatbed scanner.
So far, so good.

When I start the scan with  xsane, the printer says to be scanning, bu
after a few  get the error 'Failed to start scanner, Error during device
I/O' in xsane. Sometimes, the printer continues to say 'Scanning', but
mostly I get the message 'Turn the power on and off again'.

Am I using the wrong backend here, should I install iscan or.... I do not
find a clear answer on the internet, and what stops me from trying iscan is
that there seems to be no version for freeBSD.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Edwin Ancaer