[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA E510

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Fri Oct 19 18:58:45 BST 2018

Hi Bernhard,

What version of SANE are you using? You need at least version 1.0.24.

Please start a test scan on the console with: $ scanimage > pixma.pnm

or, if you see errors with: $ SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4 scanimage > pixma.pnm

You scanner is implemented in the PIXMA backend. So /etc/canon.conf has
no effect to your scanner.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Rolf