[sane-devel] Manage translations with Transifex [request]

Antoni Bella Pérez antonibella5 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 21:21:00 BST 2018

  Hi Jeff,

El diumenge, 16 de setembre de 2018, a les 14:46:27 CEST, Jeff va escriure:
> On 16/09/18 13:47, Antoni Bella Pérez wrote:
> >   I ask you if the translations could be managed with Transifex,
> >   everything
> >
> > would be powerful and it is compatible with current merge requests system.
>
> It seems neither to be open-source, nor free for open-source projects:
>
> https://www.transifex.com/pricing/

  Their business model is work for money, and they can also ask you (with a
curriculum) make translations for a client.

  For Open Source, read here:

 <https://docs.transifex.com/projects/open-source-project>

> I would rather suggest Rosetta (launchpad translations):
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/
>
> I have been using launchpad for translations for nearly 10 years. For
> the translators, it offers a user-friendly web interface, and
> suggestions for translation from other projects. Developers only have to
> upload the .pot, and when the translations are ready, download a
> zip-load of .po or .mo files.

  No problem for my, point a link and we will use it.

  Toni