[sane-devel] macOS device not configured sane-backends HP ScanJet 4570c

Umberto Cerrato umbertocerrato at outlook.it
Thu Apr 4 23:37:10 BST 2019

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately as I said I’m not receiving your emails so I’m viewing your replies from the web.

Yes, the problem is the same. The Mac reclaims the device and libusb cannot access to it. I’m searching for a solution. I’m not a programmer but I would like to use the HIDManager(?) to talk to the scanner instead of libusb. Someone told me that HID devices are like keyboards or mouses and are not intended to transfer data like the one from an image.

I hope you understand the problem better than me. Are you interested fixing it too?