[sane-devel] Question about Distributing via Flatpak

Wismerhill philipp.plato at mailbox.org
Mon Dec 2 15:15:40 GMT 2019

Hi Ulf,

yes i agree with you, but as OpenSuse User i can´t use PPA, as Gentoo
Arch, Slack, Fedora also can´t.
Ok, i can try out Alien and keep fingers crossed, but that is just a
kind of workaround and no clean solution, for all Linuxer.
In my case all official repos containing the same Version (1.0.27) even
Tumbleweed.
The 1.0.28 which i want to install is only available from Test Repos
from community members, i didn´t know much about....
That is a big risk to infiltrate my system with security leaks or
malware, as i am not able to check the guy out there if he is a good or
bad one or if he know what he does. So a download from you is much less
risk (is a compliment, i trust your work!) compared to that other
scenario.

... can you create a Repositorie with RPMs for us the RPM users then?
and maybe also for the Arch and Gentoo People, ... Slack .... did i got
them all....

Flatpack would be able to reach them all right away....

Is it a big amount of work to test it out? I´m a bit out of the scene
for the last 15 Years (when i learned programming there where line
numbers :-)) and 2004 was the last time programming in a
proprietary ugly language for Frauenhofer Institut.

I for example didn´t need every week a update  all 4 Weeks, even 3
month would be ok, and is better to wait for example a year - or one
and a half year till a new distro version brings an upgrade, which is
outdated by then.

Phil :-)