[sane-devel] Question about Distributing via Flatpak

Daniel Glöckner daniel-gl at gmx.net
Mon Dec 2 16:34:55 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 04:15:40PM +0100, Wismerhill wrote:
> yes i agree with you, but as OpenSuse User i can´t use PPA, as Gentoo
> Arch, Slack, Fedora also can´t.
> Ok, i can try out Alien and keep fingers crossed, but that is just a
> kind of workaround and no clean solution, for all Linuxer.

my distribution neither supports Flatpaks, Snaps, nor AppImages.
Ok, I can try out Flatpak and keep fingers crossed, but that is just a
kind of workaround and no clean solution for all Linuxers.

And isn't one of the goals of SANE that other applications can use
libsane to access scanners? That won't work if the library is not
installed globally.

Best regards,

  Daniel