[sane-devel] saned running -d128 from terminal

Robert A. Schmied uwppp at flash.net
Mon Jan 28 21:14:49 GMT 2019

sane/saned gurus

is saned -d128 supposed to terminate following a scan?
actually any interaction with scanimage.

my test setup is a single sparc system with a directly connected usb scanner.

however, i'm trying to understand how to integrate/diagnose
sane/saned with a usb scanner connected to a centos linux server
across a network of windows peecees accessing the scanner via saned
and the net backend.  thus i'm trying to gain an understanding of
the expected operation of saned in a working setup.

on my sparc test setup i run saned -d128 from a terminal as unprivileged user.

and then in another terminal run scanimage -L
i get the expected responses for the devices from scanimage
   device `genesys:libusb:/dev/usb:4a9.1905/0' is a Canon LiDE 200 flatbed scanner
   device `net:localhost:genesys:libusb:/dev/usb:4a9.1905/0' is a Canon LiDE 200 flatbed scanner

but saned is terminating with response code 0 (zero).

i'm wondering if this is the expected operation in this instance or if
this is indicative of a configuration error or other issue?

saned -d128 daemon terminates with the last 3 log lines:
[saned] process_request: got request 10
[saned] bailing out, waiting for children...
[saned] bail_out: all children exited

thanks for any responses

aloha

ras