[sane-devel] runs on Linux but not SANE

Daniel Glöckner daniel-gl at gmx.net
Sun Mar 3 20:42:57 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 03, 2019 at 12:11:16PM -0600, Mark DM wrote:
> I have put together a LAN App that runs on Linux and supports the following
> scanners via a web interface.
>

>    - ION AirCopy
>    - ION AirCopy E-Post Edition
>    - Halo Magic Scanner
>    - Mustek iScan Air / S400W
>    - Century CPS-A4WF
>    - Transcription Patri Kun A4 Wi-Fi Portable Scanner
>    - 転写パットリくん A4 Wi-Fiポータブルスキャナー

I see that you got the protocol description from
http://bastel.dyndns.info/~public/s400w/

Let me summarize:
 - You have to connect to the Wifi AP provided by the scanner
 - The scanner can then be found at a fixed address.
 - It will always scan the whole page
 - Image data will be sent as JPEG
 - There are two resolutions (300 DPI & 600 DPI)
 - There are no settings that affect the colors
   (except for an automatic calibration command)
 - There is a command to get an uncompressed low resolution preview

Best regards,

  Daniel