[sane-devel] New Multifunction Canon MF634Cdw

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sat Mar 23 11:26:36 GMT 2019

Hi Steve,

Steve McNeil writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Canon imageCLASS MF634Cdw. It is very similar to the MF733Cdw.
>
> Starting with the source for backend version 1.0.27, I got it working by
> making the following changes and recompiling:
>
> In backends/doc/descriptions/pixma.desc -- Copy the MF733Cdw entry and
> changing the new entry to:
>
> :model "imageCLASS MF634C"
> :interface "USB Ethernet WiFi"
> :usbid "0x04a9" "0x27e2"
> :status :complete
> :comment "Flatbed and ADF scan. All resolutions supported (up to 600DPI)."
>
> In backends/backend/pixma_imageclass.c
>
> I added the USB PID
>
> #define MF634_PID  0x27e2
>
> And I added to the array pixma_iclass_devices[]:
>
>    DEV ("Canon imageCLASS MF634C", "MF632C/634C", MF634_PID, 600, 0, 637, 1050, PIXMA_CAP_ADFDUP),
>

> I have scanned one page and I am happy with the results. If I can help
> with more testing, I would like a prescribed set of tests to follow.

You can help even more by submitting a merge request with those changes
over at GitLab.com.

 1. Create an account if you don't have one already
 2. Fork and clone the sane-project/backends repository
    The https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends page has a fork button
    in the upper right corner.
 3. Locally edit your code and commit your changes
 4. Push to GitLab.com
 5. Create a merge request

BTW, I think you'd also need to add the device to the pixma manual page
(doc/sane-pixma.man).

Hope this helps,