[sane-devel] scanning with Canon Color Imageclass mf634Cdw

SB sbrennan17 at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 06:06:14 BST 2019

Hello,

First, I apologize for any unintended ignorance
I I have just setup/installed a new Canon Color imageclass mf634cdw
using a wireless setup and Linux drivers UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver
for Linux V3.70 from
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/color-imageclass-mf634cdw/color-imageclass-mf634cdw?tab=drivers_downloads.

It prints perfectly but, I can't get any scanning utility to recognize
it. I've been using Mint for a while, but I really didn't have problems
configuring other printers for scanning (HPLIP, Brother).?? I've looked
at the post from Steve McNeil
(https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/2019-March/036636.html),
but i don't know how to apply his possible workaround.?? I can usually
apply solutions if given step-by-step for a non-expert, or even finding
device info via terminal and
applying the exact changes to a file, if given the location of the file
and directory.

Is it possible to set this printer to scan wirelessly? That would be
ideal, but in the mean time, how would I set this up through USB?

Thanks for taking time to read this, and any help.